The World Anti-Doping Code states the roles and responsibilities that athletes have in relation to anti-doping (article 21.1).
- Know and abide by the Anti-Doping Rules, policies and practices.
- Be available for testing at all times.
- Take responsibility for what they ingest or use.
- Tell medical professionals that they should not use prohibited substances or methods, as per the WADA Prohibited List, and make sure that any advice or treatment they get does not violate the Anti-Doping Rules.
- Tell IFSS and your NADO if they have committed an anti-doping rule violation within the last ten years.
- Co-operate in any doping investigation when asked to do so.
- Disclose the identity of your support personnel upon request from an Anti-Doping Organization.